Christine Motta LCSW, CGP
I am excited to launch my psychotherapy practice in Sarasota, Florida. I have thirty years of diverse experience working
with people from all walks of life. The last twenty-five years I have worked in private practice in New York City, and later additionally Montclair, New Jersey. I continue to offer Tele-Behavioral Health psychotherapy (video sessions) to my clients
in New York and New Jersey while seeing people in person in my Sarasota office.
My work is informed by a wide range professional and personal experience. My areas of practice currently include the treatment of anxiety, depression, mood disorders, compulsive disorders, post-traumatic stress, life transitions, senior issues and grief. I work with adults ages 18 to 100. In addition to working with individuals I work with couples, families, and groups.
My undergraduate studies were at the University of Massachusetts, Boston where I received
my BA in Cultural Anthropology and Religion. As a graduate student I attended Simmons
College School of Social Work and received a Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work.
- The Pride Institute, National Director of Admissions
- The Regent Hospital, Psychiatric Intake Social Worker
- Department of Social Services, Child Protective Social Worker and Child Abuse Investigator
- Dorchester Youth Collaborative, Counselor with Court Involved Adolescents
- Urban Community Mediators, Parent/Child Mediation Caseworker
POST-GRADUATE CERTIFICATES AND TRAININGS
- TeleMental Health Institute, Certified Telemental Health Practitioner
- American Group Psychotherapy Association, Certified Group Psychotherapist
- Hunter College, New York, Post Graduate Studies in Supervision and Consultation
- Ackerman Family Institute, Family Secrets Workshop
- Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons, Prevention of Suicide in
Major Depression and Schizophrenia, Diagnosis and Treatment of Anxiety Disorders
- Fenway Community Health Center, Psychodynamic Training Program
- Urban Community Mediators, Community, Parent Child Mediation Training Program
- Certified Community Mediator
AGPA American Group Psychotherapy Association
NASW National Association of Social Workers
NRCGP National Registry of Certified Group Psychotherapists
NJAWP New Jersey Association of Women Psychotherapists
- Suicide Assessment and Prevention: visiting lecturer at Princeton University
- Treatment Issues of Gay and Lesbian Clients with Chemical Dependency:
given at ACL-CIO union conferences, American Airlines EAP organization, and Health
- Parent-Child Mediation: given at public and community organizations in the Boston area.